LEGACY - Money or property bequeathed to another in a will.

In life, most people require some kind of assistance, whether it’s physical, financial or spiritual. Please go to Easi-Cabs to see what we do and how we help our local community. In an ever increasingly difficult economic climate, we are relying more and more on the generosity of others to continue this vital social service. Bequeathing even the smallest of amounts can make such a difference to our sustainability and growth.

By making bequests and other ‘planned gifts’, you can continue to help the Easi-Cabs service, which makes such an important difference in your community.

If you would like to receive more information about ‘Leaving a Legacy’ to Easi-Cabs then please Contact Us.

Frequently Asked Questions

I have children and relatives. Shouldn’t I leave my entire estate to them?

This is perhaps the number one cause for reluctance when making a will. The truth is that, depending on the current tax laws, leaving a gift to charity in your will may reduce the estate tax burden on your heirs significantly. You should consult with a financial advisor or solicitor to learn how giving may actually benefit your family after you’re gone.

What type of donation can I leave to Easi-Cab in my will?

There are three different types of gifts that are most commonly given to charities through wills. You may wish to discuss this with your solicitor to find out which suits you best.

  • Residuary Legacy: If you would like to leave a gift from the remains of your estate after you have taken care of your family, friends and loved ones, you can bequeath the residue or part of the residue of your estate.

  • Pecuniary Legacy: You may decide to leave a specific sum of money to the charity of your choice, the sum of which is determined when you make your will.

  • Specific Legacy: You can also bequeath a particular item of value, for example jewellery, shares or property.

I already have a will – can I change it to include a charity?

If you already have a will, it is easy to make a change to it and include a charity of your choice. This is called a codicil and can be drawn up easily by your solicitor. As above, contact your solicitor for advice on changing your will.